Judy H. Nall
President and Founder of CBI
Db2 for z/OS: Author, Educator, and Consultant
Judy H. Nall is the founder, president and Db2 z/OS technical lead at Computer Business International, Inc. (CBI) where she consults, mentors, writes classes, teaches and speaks at Db2 user groups and conferences around the world. CBI was founded in 1994 to provide Db2 on z/OS Consulting, Education and Mentoring services.
Judy began her career with Db2 in 1983 with the very first release. She has worked as a programmer, DBA, Systems Administrator, Database Designer, Manager, Director, and has performed various migrations and conversions. Judy started teaching Db2 in 1984 and it was the passion she had for teaching and her appreciation she had for Db2 which inspired her to form her own Db2 Education and Consulting company in 1994.
Judy is a member of the IBM Db2 Gold Consultants Group, which is an elite group of 50 independent consultants from around the world who receive special briefings from and provide feedback to IBM.
She's worked with the IBM team developing the IBM Certification Exams for Db2 9 for z/OS System Administration, Db2 9 for z/OS Database Administration, Db2 10 for z/OS System Administration, Db2 10 for z/OS Database Administration, DB2 11 for z/OS Database Administration, Db2 11 for z/OS System Administration and Db2 12 for z/OS System Administration.
- Judy holds current IBM Certifications in Db2 9, Db2 10, Db2 11 and Db2 12 for z/OS System Administration and Database Administration.
- She has been awarded the IBM Data Champion for 2009 - 2019.
- Judy holds Application Programming Certification in Db2 11.
- Judy has been an IDUG (International DB2 Users Group) chairperson and committee member.
- Judy is currently serving on the IDUG Global Marketing Committee.
- IBM Advisory Council member for Db2 z/OS currently.
- Currently President of the Alabama Db2 User’s Group.
- IDUG Regional Users Group (RUG) Committee
- Part of the team that started the Jacksonville Florida Db2 User’s Group in 2009.
- Started the Nashville Tennessee Db2 User’s Group in 2010.
- Sponsored the startup of the Db2 LUW User’s Group in New York.
- Served on the Conference Planning Committee at NA IDUG from 1995-1998.
- 1998 Chair of the North American International Db2 Users Group Conference (NA IDUG).
- Served on the North West DB2 User’s Group Presentations Committee (NODE) in Portland, OR in 1992-1994.
- IBM Solutions Developers Program.
- IBM Business Partner.
- Speaker at IDUG DB2 Conferences and user groups around the world.
- Speaks and teaches crammer certification classes at the IBM Information On-Demand Conference (IOD) in Las Vegas.
- Her book, Db2 9 System Administration for z/OS – Certification Exam #737, publisher MC Press.
- Her book, Db2 11 System Administration for z/OS – Certification Exam #317, publisher MC Press.
Written by Judy H. Nall, this book is a certification study guide for Exam 317, and guides you through the responsibilities, tasks, and methods used by a Db2 11 for z/OS system administrator. Available at:
MC Press Online
You can find her Crammer Class for Db2 12 for z/OS System Administration Exam 318 here.